What happens at the end of the tenancy?

Chris Packer Ltd undertakes a final inspection of the property after the tenant vacates. This can be with or without the landlord depending on the landlord’s preference. If everything is satisfactory the deposit will be returned in full to the tenant. If any work is required the cost will be deducted from the deposit/bond.

What happens to the deposit/bond?

The deposit paid by the tenant when the tenancy starts is protected in the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and kept by Chris Packer Ltd in a separate account and cannot be used until the tenancy ends.

What other charges could I expect?

All landlords must have an Energy Performance Certificate and I can arrange for this to be completed via a local surveyor who I use for all my properties at a charge of £50 plus V.A.T. You must also have an annual gas safety certificate completed. This I can arrange for £50 through an experienced Gas Safe engineer, I can also arrange for the annual renewals on behalf of all landlords. The tenants deposit must be protected which I also organise via the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for which there is a one off charge of £20.

What management charge will Chris Packer Ltd charge?

Chris Packer Ltd charge 12.5% of the monthly rent. Chris Packer Ltd does not charge V.A.T.

As a landlord when will I receive the rent?

Most tenants pay via standing order. As soon as I get confirmation that the rent has been received the landlord gets the balance of the rent (less management charge and any repairs) paid electronically into the landlords chosen bank account within 24 hours.

How do you deal with continual maintenance Issues?

I have several maintenance contractors who are highly experienced and I have worked with them for many years. If a tenant calls with a problem I contact the landlord as quickly as possible to get confirmation to proceed with any repair work, and provide a quote if required. If I cannot contact the landlord and the repair is urgent e.g. a water leak I instruct the contractor to proceed to avoid further damage to the property. The cost of repairs will be deducted from the following months rent.

How often do you check the property?

I undertake an inspection of the property one month after the tenants have occupied the property, mainly to check that they are settled and there are no problems. I then complete regular inspections. If there are any problems or doubts about tenants then inspections can easily be completed more frequently and any problems are immediately reported to the landlord.

Do you organise utility bills when a tenant moves in/moves out?

The day a tenant occupies a property I take the relevant meter readings and inform all the relevant utility companies, council and water authority. I do the same when a tenant vacates a property.

How do you evaluate a tenant?

I always do accompanied viewings so that I meet the tenant from the beginning. Once I have a prospective tenant I obtain employee references, character references, existing landlord references and copies of bank statements. I discuss references with the landlord and if agreeable I arrange a date for the tenant to move In and organise all the legal and mandatory work on behalf of the landlord. Prior to the tenant moving in a full inventory and photographs are completed.

How does Chris Packer Ltd advertise properties?

Chris Packer Ltd offers a new refurbished and modern website.

Why should I choose Chris Packer Ltd to manage my property?

I have been working in estate agency for over 30 years in Swansea, Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan and Bridgend. I have been practising in Bridgend for over 20 years and have a strong knowledge of the area. I am an honoured member of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) and a licensed member of the Association of Residential Lettings Agent (ARLA). Chris Packer Estate Agents is a member of the Property Ombudsman, The Tenancy Deposit Scheme and a licensed agent with Rent Smart Wales. I provide a professional service and like to get to know my landlords and tenants. I keep in regular contact with my landlords and tenants so that if there are any problems they can be resolved quickly.

What happens if anything goes wrong with the property?

We would ask you to contact Chris Packer Ltd as soon as possible and any repairs will be undertaken as quickly as possible. Please do not ignore any problems as this could lead to further damage. Obviously, any damage caused by the tenant will be the responsibility for the tenant to repair; any other repairs will be covered via the landlord. Chris Packer Ltd use local maintenance businesses in the Bridgend area and we have built up a strong business relationship over the years, resulting in the best service available.

Do you consider tenants on housing benefit?

It depends on the landlord. If you are on benefits please ask before you arrange a viewing of any property.

Am I allowed to do anything to the property?

If you want to do any decorating or improvements you must ask Chris Packer Ltd first so we can confirm the landlords consent. Any changes will then be inspected once completed to coincide with the landlord’s agreement.

How long is the tenancy agreement for?

Your initial tenancy agreement will be for a minimum of six months and then renewed for a further six months or longer dependent on the agreement of the tenant and landlord.

What happens to my bond?

Your bond (Deposit) will be protected through the Tenancy Deposit Scheme until you vacate the property. Further details of the scheme will be provided when you sign the Tenancy Agreement.

How do I pay my rent?

Your rent will need to be paid on the same date every month by standing order.

What finance do I need to pay up front?

On signing a tenancy agreement you will need to pay a deposit (Equal to one months rent) and the first months rent. Both payments need to be paid in cash. There are no other payments or fees to be paid by the tenant .

What references and information do I have to provide if I would like to rent a property?

In order to rent a property through Chris Packer Ltd you will be required to provide employee references, character references, a reference from your existing landlord or agent and bank statements.